As a family company, we think in the long term. It’s important to us that we don’t leave future generations to foot our bills.
We therefore wholeheartedly support all efforts to promote sustainability and best practices throughout the whole value creation chain. So, we are members of the AIJN CSR platform and the Sustainable Juice Covenant, where we sit on various committees.
Frutco has made it our mission to be 100% sustainable by 2030. Our progress regarding the Sustainable Juice Covenant is reviewed annually by Price Waterhouse Cooper (PWC), and we are already 84% sustainable.
We see sustainability as an opportunity to combine economic, ecological and social aims to ensure long-term success. We expect our partners to do the same, focussing on the following:
- We use new technology to reduce energy consumption and water consumption in agriculture as well as in our factories.
- We use R&D to increase yield and reduce waste. It is our aim to ensure that 100% of fruit makes it to the food chain.
- We support small and medium-scale farmers in implementing new technology, supporting local value creation.
- We use sustainability in a way that generates value and strengthens the company.
- We place great importance on food safety and quality.
- Our actions are fair, achieving long-term profits and growth to ensure resources for our customers.
- Ensuring social standards in the relevant countries throughout the whole value creation chain
- Gender equality
- Promoting employees’ education and health
- Promoting business models that involve local farmers and guarantee income through a link to the international market.